Battle of the Bands
In order to be eligible to compete in the contest and win a prize, each Band Member must be in full compliance with these official rules at all times, from the date each band submits its entry form and becomes an entrant in this contest through the conclusion of the competition, including:
- All Artists must perform and compete on behalf of only one band.
- All Artists must be a regularly performing member of the band prior to contest, Artist’s must remain the same; no substitutes or additions are allowed during the contest.
- Each band must provide one (1) dedicated point of contact throughout contest period to Career Point University Management.
- Music genre can be of any type.
- All Artist’s names and details must be listed on the entry form at the time of registration, anyone not listed will not be eligible. On spot registration are also an option.
- In the unfortunate event any member of a band is not eligible or is disqualified, then the entire band is subject to disqualification.
- Bands are encouraged to promote the event amongst their fans as crowd reaction and applause is a factor in judging.
How to Enter:
Registration fees is Rs.700/-
- Each band will select one (1) representative who shall have full legal authority to act on behalf of the band.
- This representative will be the sole contact person for the band related to this contest.
- All Artists and Representatives should carefully review the Official Rules of the contest.
- no entry deadline. Last minute registration is an option.
- The registration material can be found online at immix.cpur.in
- Only complete entries will be accepted.
- There is a limit of one (1) registration per band, more than one registration packet will result in disqualification.
- the bands will be notified within two weeks of receiving their application.
Format of Show:
- The show will take place at Career Point University Kota
- The show will take place in the.
- The show audience is open to all ages.
- Career Point University encourages the artist to bring their fans to be members of the audience. One of the judging areas is Crowd Reactions/Applause. Bring your fans!
- Band members will be limited to members of the band, one (1) tech and one (1) manager or support staff.
- Bands may play any songs, but must be able to perform a minimum of 10 minutes’ worth of material, prior to performance 10 minutes will be given for sound check and equipment.
- The doors of the venue will open at 6pm.
- The first band will take the stage at 7pm.
- The band will be randomly assigned a time slot. The bands representative must be present at 5:30pm at the stage of the event centre to receive their stage time. All entrants will be placed in drum and a time slot will be selected.
- The event will end pending the number of entries however; this time will not exceed 10pm.
- At the conclusion of the event, or 10pm, whichever comes first, tabulation of the scores will commence.
Judging Process and Tabulation of Scores:
- Bands will be judged on a rubric at the conclusion of their session.
- This is used to ensure fair and equal judging off all bands.
- The judging panel will include Four judges, one judge will have a musical background, the others three will be selected by Career Point University.
- The four judging areas are as follows on a scale of 1 to 10:
- Cohesiveness- Does the band play and interact well together as a unified group?
- Stage Presence/Appearance - Does the band appear comfortable on stage in front of the audience?
- Talent- Are the artists technically successful with their instruments and/or voice?
- Crowd Reactions/Applause- Did the band create positive reactions/applause from the audience?
- A member ofCareer Point University will collect the score cards from each judge at the conclusion of the bands set and secure them for tabulation.
- Bands going over the time limit will have ten (10) points deducted from their total score for every one (1) minute they go over the maximum allotted time.
- The band is responsible from the timing of their set, Career Point University will not notify the band that they are over or under in time (note the exception in rule #9). However, a representative will keep track for scoring purposes.
- A representative of Career Point University has the authority to remove the band from the stage due to any item(s) deemed inappropriate or unprofessional.
- Career Point University has the authority to place a hard stop and remove the band from the stage if they go over their allotted maximum time by five (5) or more minutes. If this action happens the band will be disqualified from the contest.
- One hundred twenty (160) maximum points are possible (forty (40) points from each judge).
- In the event of a tie, the judges’ score cards will be reviewed. The band with the highest score in the Talentcategory will be awarded the grand prize winner.
- At the concussion of the event and tabulation of all scores, a member of Career Point University willannounce the winner from the stage of the event center.
Prizes and Awards:
- The Prize for First Place is Total cash collected in registration*2.
- No places will be awarded after the 1stplace winner.
- All winners must complete a W9 to receive their prize payout.
- Prizes will be distributed to the contact person of the band via a check. Payments will be processed and mailed the week following the event.
Equipment and Gear:
- Career Point University will provide the following:
- Audio production, including a mic package and FOH PA with a maximum of 5 monitor mixes.
- Drum kit (note: due to time set ups, all bands must use the drum kit provided)
- The band is responsible for providing all other instruments and required amps.
- Bands are required to submit a stage plot and input list on or before the deadline.
- Bands will be assigned a specific sound check time on the day of the event. If they do not show up during that time they will waive their sound check slot.
General Terms and Conditions
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-replaceable.
- The interpretation of rules and eligibility are the sole discretion of Career Point University
- Career Point University reserves the right to modify this promotion at any time, for any reason, subject to all applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any participant’s prize previously won.
- A list with the winner’s names, rules and any associated documents or electronic files (if applicable) will be retained for 30 days in order to resolve any disputes.
- Participants cannot win more than once.
- Winners must show their valid picture identification.
- A complete list of winners will be posted at the conclusion of event.
- Rules will be posted electronically online at
- Participants must be present to win.
- No band, band member or any person affiliated with the band shall engage in, or encourage, any solicitation for votes or favorable scores from judges by offering prizes, gifts, products, services or any other type of incentive (monetary or non-monetary). Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification of the band.
- Artists agree that their name, photo and any information may be used for media and marketing efforts to include but not limited to; direct mail, radio, TV, social media and websites.